Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dome Cake Shines With Its Creamy Fruity Interior
Dome cakes are all the rage right now, but here’s something you’ve probably never had: a cookie cake dome. That’s right — a moist cake base, crispy cookie exterior, and a light and fluffy fruit interior. This recipe boasts chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, melted chocolate, fresh berries, and cream cheese — need we say more?
For the cookie dome:
- 14 oz mini cookies
For the filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 vanilla bean
- 21 oz whipped cream
- 5⅓ oz fresh blueberries
- 5⅓ oz fresh raspberries
- 2 oz mini cookies
You’ll also need:
- 3½ oz melted milk chocolate
- 1 round chocolate cake base
1. First, take care of the tasty crunchy shell. Dunk one cookie after the other in milk and then lay them out in a large round bowl lined with plastic wrap. Start at the bottom of the bowl and work your way up.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, lime juice, and vanilla together in a bowl. Stir in the whipped cream and then gently fold in the fresh berries. Crumble the second set of cookies over the bowl and thoroughly mix everything together once more.
3. Pour about a third of the cream in the cookie bowl and smooth it out. Then drizzle half the melted chocolate over the entire surface with a spoon. Rotate the bowl 90 degrees and repeat, so you get a nice checkered pattern. Now add the second third of the cream to the bowl and smooth it out. Repeat the chocolate pattern with the remaining melted chocolate. Then add the last layer of cream on top and smooth it out.
4. Place the chocolate cake base on your majestic cookie dome and freeze the cake for 4 hours. Put the dome cake on a plate, serve, and enjoy!
We bet the Cookie Monster would love to get his hands on this phenomenal, yet easy enough to make, masterpiece! The fresh cream and berry filling is also light on the stomach, so it’s the perfect dessert to follow a heavy meal.