Warm and delicious: cinnamon apple fingers
Shiny and packed with nutrients, apples are a favorite among many. Not only do they taste great, but they can be enjoyed in an endless variety of ways. Whether used in a pie, jam, salad, or plucked and eaten fresh from the tree, this beloved fruit never disappoints. If you're crazy about apples, then this unbelievably simple recipe is sure to make your day!
You will need:
- 2 apples
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg
- cinnamon and sugar
- Peel, core, and cut both apples into small cubes.
- Put the apples, along with the sugar, cinnamon and water into a pot, cover, and bring to a boil. Once the apples are soft, use a hand mixer to blend until saucy.
- Roll your pastry onto a baking tray lined with paper, and cut it the the middle.
- Spread the apple mixture on one half of the pastry, and then place the other half on top.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the apple-filled pastry into equal-sized fingers. Brush with beaten egg, and finally sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Now bake for 10-14 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve warm with vanilla sauce, caramel, or a dip of your choice!
If you have your own apple tree, now you have another reason to look forward to the harvest! Lucky for the rest of us, there's alway a shiny mountain of apples waiting at most markets. Enjoy!