Irresistible: Cheesecake with chocolate dots
Many people love polka dots. Many people also love cheesecake. Why not bring two delights together?
You will need:
For the crust:
- 10.5 oz butter cookies
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 tbsp. cocoa
For the filling:
- 30 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup melted chocolate
- Break the cookies into very small pieces, either in a blender or using a rolling pin. In a bowl, mix the cookie crumbles with the cocoa and the melted butter. Stir well.
- Transfer the cookie crust to a springform pan and press the mixture evenly along the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat the ingredients together until smooth.
- Transfer 12 tbsp. of this mixture to a smaller bowl. Add the melted chocolate, and mix well. Transfer the chocolate mixture to a pastry bag.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled cookie crust. For the chocolate dots, press the tip of the pastry bag to the bottom of the filling, squeeze, and pull the bag back to the surface. Adorn your cake with as many dots as you like!
- Finally, bake at 300°F for 60 minutes. After this time, turn off the oven and let the cake remain there for another hour.
Now sit back, relax, and enjoy a slice of perfect, polka dot cheesecake that both adults and children will appreciate. One bite of this lovely dessert, and you'll realize that the effort involved was more than worth it. Enjoy!