This No-Bake Chocolate Cream Cookie Pie Is Perfect For Warm Summer Days
Lots of cookies and lots of chocolate make this pie complete with its three ultra-creamy layers. The best part is: you only need 7 ingredients to whip up this masterpiece and you don't even need an oven. This dessert is perfect for the days when it's just too hot to turn on the stove, but you can't show up to the summer BBQ empty-handed.
- 10½ oz cookies (round, one side coated in chocolate)
- 3½ oz melted butter
- 10½ oz white chocolate
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 gelatin sheets
- 17 fl oz whipped cream
- 10½ oz dark chocolate
1. Put 7 oz of the cookies in a resealable freezer bag and crumble them with a rolling pan. Mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter together and press the solid mixture into a springform pan lined with parchment paper. Place the remaining cookies intact around the inner edge of the pan — press the cookie into the soft base with the chocolate side facing out (towards the pan). Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Add the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk to a double boiler or a bowl over simmering water. Stir in six soaked sheets of gelatin until completely dissolved, and remove the bowl from heat. Finally, add 10 fl oz of whipped cream in portions, making sure to stir after each portion.
3. Pour half of the light cream over the chilled cookie base and refrigerate the pan for another 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and add two soaked gelatin sheets. Remove the bowl from heat and add 7 fl oz of the whipped cream.
5. Pour the dark cream into the chilled pan by passing it over the back of a spoon — this will reduce the pressure so that the layers won't mix. Refrigerate the pan for another 20 minutes.
6. Finally, add the second layer of the light cream, again over the back of a spoon, and refrigerate the pie for 2 hours. You are welcome to decorate the top of the pie however you want, like with drizzled lines of melted chocolate.
Can chocolate be a sin? Or cookies? Or whipped cream? Then go ahead and lock us up because this creamy triple threat boasts all three, and without even having to bake it. However, if the weight of a guilty conscience (and this sweet dessert) is too heavy for you, we recommend sharing it with plenty of friends. After all, it's always nice to have a reason to invite people over.