A bird in a jacket of bacon is one creative chicken recipe
It doesn't matter whether it's sweet or savory: as soon as you add a filling, it makes a dish not just tastier, but more appetising. Wrapping the delicious filling in a tasty shell of cheese and ham does a lot to make it finger-licking good. And our video will do the rest by whetting your appetite.
You'll need (for 4 portions):
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2.8 oz dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2.8 oz black olives
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
- 16 slices mozzarella
- 16 slices bacon
- barbecue sauce
- Mix the cream cheese, dried tomatoes, olives and parsley together.
- Cut the chicken breast almost completely in half horizontally and open it out. Spread a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture inside and then fold it closed.
- Lay four slices of mozzarella down next to each other to form a large square. Roll them up around the chicken breast.
- Next, lie four slices of bacon down next each other and roll them around the chicken breast.
- Brush a mixture of honey and barbecue sauce onto your finished rolls.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 320°F for 30-35 minutes.
But enough with watching and reading: this Chicken in a Bacon Jacket with a tasty creamy filling needs preparing. The recipe by itself isn't going to satisfy anyone. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!