All your morning favorites in pizza dough crust: Breakfast Calzone
Cooking for a crowd isn't always easy when you have a house full of relatives for the holidays. But with all of the usual breakfast goodies rolled up into one handy dish, it needn't be so daunting. Here's at least one morning meal planned. Now you have more time to think about how to trim that Christmas turkey!
You will need (for 3 servings):
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 roll ready-made pizza dough
- 10 oz boiled potatoes, in slices
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 oz spring onions, cut into rings
- 2 hardboiled eggs, cut into quarters
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Grill the bacon in a grill pan on both sides. Roll out the pizza dough and lay out the bacon strips on it.
- Evenly distribute the potato slices, both types of cheese, and spring onions on top of the bacon.
- Place the eggs in a row and then season all of the ingredients with salt and pepper.
- Roll the dough together, sealing each end to form a neat package.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Feel free to add and/or subtract ingredients to suit your own taste. A little sage sausage would go down well in my house... and maybe substitute biscuit dough for pizza dough! The possibilities are endless. Have fun!