Blackberry ice cream in a lemon dessert bowl!
Summer is ending in a few weeks, exchanging its leafy green dress for an orange one. Therefore, it's all the more important to soak up those rays, stretch out on the beach, and eat plenty of ice cream. Have you ever tried whipping up your own ice-cold treat? With this recipe, sweet and sour go hand in hand, resulting in summer's prettiest dessert.
You will need:
- 4 large lemons
- 3.5 oz blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Cut the lemons lengthwise and using a spoon, gently hollow out the halves keeping the lemon rinds intact. Transfer your lemon pulp to a sieve and press the juice into a bowl.
- Now put the sugar, blackberries and lemon juice into a pot. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and using the back of a spoon, press the mixture through a sieve and into a bowl.
- Once the mixture is lukewarm, stir in the butter. Once cooled, take a small amount from the bowl and with the back of a spoon, lightly coat the lemon rind bowls with the blackberry mixture.
- Now fold the whipped cream into the blackberry mixture.
- Gently spoon the mixture into the lemon bowls and let freeze for 12 hours.
After getting to know this recipe, you'll surely not be so quick to throw away a lemon rind! And of course you can also prepare this dessert using other berries and citrus fruits. What about raspberry ice cream in an orange rind, for example? Whatever you choose, this colorful dessert will certainly accent these last warm weeks. Enjoy!